S4W-Nepal is a non-profit research organization focused on generating, managing, and understanding the hydro-meteorological, groundwater, environmental, earth science, and disaster-related data necessary to support wise water management decisions. S4W-Nepal exists to leverage the power of citizen science, young researchers, and mobile technology to improve lives by strengthening our understanding and management of water.
S4W-Nepal is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to serve as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO will lead the organization in achieving its mission and strategic goals while managing the overall operations of the organization. The CEO will be responsible for the following:
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to S4W-Nepal in achieving its mission and strategic goals.
- Develop and implement short and long-term strategic plans to ensure the organization’s growth and sustainability.
- Develop the project proposal and collaborate with relevant partners for research funding
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, including government agencies, donors, partners, and the public.
- Manage the overall operations of the organization, including financial management, human resources, and program management.
- Strengthen the research profile of the organization by conducting high-quality research, publication, and effectively disseminating the results to key stakeholders.
- Monitoring and evaluation of programs/projects
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Represent S4W-Nepal in national and international forums.
- Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in a relevant field (e.g., hydrology, hydrogeology, water resources management, environmental science, earth science, engineering, social science, or related fields).
- At least 5 years of experience in water resources management, research, or related field, with a minimum of one year of experience in a management position.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire staff, partners, and stakeholders.
- Proven track record in research publication, strategic planning, fundraising, and managing projects.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and networking skills.
- Knowledge of water resources management in the Himalayan landscape and the region is preferred.
- Fluent in English and Nepali, both written and spoken.
Please submit your CV, together with a cover letter, copies of academic transcripts, and citizenship to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CEO Application” in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the further evaluation process. All application documents should be submitted in proper order in a single pdf file by May 4, 2023.
Share on Social Network: