S4W-Nepal is a non-profit research organization focused on generating, managing, and understanding the hydro-meteorological, groundwater, environmental, earth science, and disaster-related data necessary to support wise water management decisions. S4W-Nepal exists to leverage the power of citizen science, young researchers, and mobile technology to improve lives by strengthening our understanding and management of water.
S4W-Nepal is seeking a highly motivated and interested individual to serve as a Research Associate. The Research Associate will work closely with the CEO and facilitators of the organization to achieve the organizational vision, mission, and core values. The Research Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Provide input to S4W-Nepal’s research in water resources monitoring and management, hydrologic modeling, disaster risk management, and climate change assessment.
- Develop research project proposals focusing on water resources management, hydrology, climate change, and related subjects.
- Provide support in writing comprehensive reports, scientific papers, and project documentation, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and adherence to professional standards.
- Manage S4W-Nepal’s social media platforms, including the S4W-Nepal website, and build/maintain public relations through these platforms.
- Prepare quality outreach materials such as presentation slides, news stories, citizen scientists stories, science stories, etc.
- To conduct research from various primary and secondary data sources and disseminate findings through different platforms.
- To support the S4W-Nepal team with fieldwork, data management, research, analysis, report writing, and outreach activities.
- To prepare meaningful and informative reports based on research results and present them to supervisors and other appropriate audiences.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., hydrology, hydrogeology, water resource management, environmental science, earth science, engineering, social science or other related fields)
- Good background and interest in water resources management, hydrological modeling, and climate data analysis
- Demonstrated skills and experience in GIS and Remote Sensing (preferred)
- Proficient and experienced in using computer programming languages, especially Python and handling large datasets.
- Analytical and creative mindset.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and apply research concepts and skills.
- Willingness to commit to S4W-Nepal’s vision, mission, and core values.
- Ability to work independently as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali
- Have a two-wheeler and a valid driving license.
Please submit your CV, together with a cover letter, copies of academic transcripts, and citizenship to email@example.com with “Research Associate Application” in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the further evaluation process. All application documents should be submitted in proper order in a single pdf file by December 21, 2023.
Share on Social Network: